Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I "Seally" Like You...

A dear friend of mine at work is fighting breast cancer. She was just diagnosed this month and she has to be aggressive because she has other complicating factors.  There's not much I can do for her.  Her family is taking care of the usual things, like keeping her refrigerator stocked.  So I feel like the best I can do is remind her that I'm here for her and I adore her.

We have this little joke that I adopted her when my boss was promoted and she's joked about getting a seal for the papers.  So I've always had this idea of doing something with a seal, rather than  seal in a little punny twist.  Fortunately, Lawn Fawn has an adorable seal in their Critters in the Snow set.  I colored it along with some fish and a crab from the Critters in the Sea set.  I created a beachy scene by tearing some DCWV white core card stock and die cutting the Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Borders (and using the other side) several times from three colors of blue card stock.  I used several colors of Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Tumbled Glass) to make the sky, then layered by "sea" and finally my sand.  I used several colors of Distress Ink markers and a Spectrum Noir marker to stipple the "sand" and then placed my critters in their places.  It still needed one thing so I cut a sun with the dies from Hello Sunshine to finish it off.

All the sentiment on this card is on the inside where it says:

I "seally" like you!  You have my seal of approval.

 I hope this card lifts her spirits and reminds her that we're all pulling for her. 

No comments: