Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day - Inspired by Watercolor for Card Makers

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  Here's the card I made for my Mom:

Yes, it's another card from things I learned in the onlinecardclasses.com class Watercolor for Card Makers.  You are going to see a lot of posts about it because that class rocks.  This card was made with a Cover-a-Card background stamp from Impression Obsession called Circle Fusion. I heat embossed it with some VersaMark Dazzle and clear embossing powder.  Then I played with my watercolors over the image (and wiped up the excess on top of the image with a baby wipe).  I then watercolored some stamps from Lawn Fawn's Our Friendship Grows set and cut them out with the matching dies.  I stamped the sentiment using the "happy" from Simon Says Stamp's Happy Sentiments set and the "mother's day" from Technique Tuesday's Swanky Sentiment set.  Then I cut a flagged banner and added some Old Paper Distress Ink to tone down the white a bit. A few pop dots and glue and I was done. 

No comments: