Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birthday Wishes Inspired by Watercolor for Card Makers

I made this background the other day after watching the lessons from the Onlinecardclasses.com Watercolor for Card Makers class.  I hadn't used this stamp from the Crafter's Meow set Potted Garden and it was calling my name.  I used Distress Ink markers and I learned a bit doing it that I put into practice the next time, but I though this was one was good enough for a card anyway.  I added the sentiment and cut it out with my Stitched Journaling Card die from Lawn Fawn.  I then used a little watered ink to brush the edges.

For the card background, I used some pretty paper from the Polka Dot Party 6x6 paper pad and some Queen & Co. baker's twine with some pop dots for my watercolored picture. 

1 comment:

Jean said...

A perfect stamp step for this technique. I like how you added the sentiment in the shadow! Lovely card!