Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Be Strong - from Watercolor for Card Makers

I'm taking a fun class, Watercolor for Card Makers, at onlinecardclasses.com.  The first day I was so inspired by the videos, I have watercolor card backgrounds all over my craft room.  Class is on hold for me for a couple of days while my evenings are filled with WHL finals (go Hawks!), but in between periods last night, I used one of those backgrounds to put together a quick card for a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. 

That's two people in the last year in my office alone and we are a small office!  I hate that this ribbon4cure set from the Stamps of Life and the matching dies are getting this much use.  This is one set I would like to say I bought but never found a reason to use. 

Alas, I broke it out again to stamp the little ribbon, heat emboss the sentiment on vellum and add a few sequins to finish off the outside.  I stamped the "fight like a girl" sentiment on the inside for a quick card, courtesy of one of the watercolor backgrounds I had made based upon a Kristina Werner video (so love her work) from the class.  It was super fun and easy using the Lotus background stamp from Hero Arts that I bought on sale a while back but had yet to break out (at least I couldn't remember using it previously). 

Sigh, I think the next class I have to take though is one on photography (or maybe I need to adjust my schedule so that I'm taking my pictures during the day, rather than the dark night), because this picture just doesn't do the card justice.  The background is really quite a pretty swirl of yellow, orange and pink.

No comments: