Thursday, March 27, 2014

Yet Another Newton's Nook Card

I have one more set of Newton's Nook cards to share with you from my initial time playing with them.  I used the cute balloon image again, but this time I cut it out after inking it up and coloring it.  I made the one on the right using some cute paper from the Amy Tangerine 6x6 pad called Yes Please.  I cut it down to fit the front of a top folding A2 card with the sun and clouds in the corner.  I stamped Newton on the front and colored it all black to shadow under my colored image adhered with pop dots.  I made the banner sentiments the same way as a previous card in this series by water coloring some paper with a Mustard Seed Distress Ink marker then stamping my sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments set and, finally, cutting it into a banner shape before adhering it to my card.  I though the card still need something, so I inked a cut a few clouds from the Lawn Fawn Blue Skies set.  The clouds seemed too white, so I added a little Distress Ink that doesn't really show in the picture.  For the card on the left, unfortunately my paper pad only had one page with the cloud and sun in it.  So I pulled a plain blue page from the Fancy Pants Park Bench 6x6 pad.  I used the extra colored watercolor paper to stamp and cut out the sun from the Sunny Skies set from Lawn Fawn.  Using that, I built the card a second time in style similar to the first.   

1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

I just found your cute cards on Pinterest! Very cute how you made a sky for the kitty! Adorable!