Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Flying By Inspiration from the Lawn Fawn blog

I recently purchased the Flying By set and matching dies from Lawn Fawn.  Have I mentioned they are my absolute favorite?  So I did a Google search of images where I discovered the original video introducing the set when it first came out.  You can watch that here and a blog post on the Lawn Fawn blog with a post with a super clean looking card that you can find here

It inspired me to try may hand at it.  Well, it turned out to be a little trickier to do it in real life than it was in my head.  The airplanes were super fast and easy to stamp on three sheets of paper form the Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup 6x6 paper pad.  I ran into trouble, however, when I started building the background.  I chose not to cut the sentiment apart, but rather to selectively ink the stamp.  I couldn't seem to get my pressure even and I really had a hard time when it came time to stamp those little dotted lines.  I guess I haven't spent enough time in my craft room lately and my skills are a bit rusty.  But eventually I got a version I was willing to live with, even with it's imperfections (note I did not say a I was happy with it).  I used some yellow striped paper from the Snap Collection from Simple Stories to mat it and called it good.   

No comments: