Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I'm sharing today the one and only Halloween card I made.  I love the holiday but I rarely do cards for it.  But I wanted to use the cute Lawn Fawn set I picked up called Heebie Jeebies.  One of my favorite crafting on-line stores, Two Peas in Bucket, runs a message board where people can sell the stuff they no longer want.  It's totally random what you'll find there, but I've managed to pick up a couple of things from there that I cannot get in any store anymore.  One of my favorite finds was a bundle of a couple of Lawn Fawn sets.

So I just stamped the spider web, spider and bat in Onyx Black Versafine and heat embossed them. Then I fussy cut them and colored in the spider with some Spectrum Noir pens.  I then dug through some of my stash and found some cute Halloween paper in an old Fall Stack from DCWV.  I cut both the mat and the background paper then layered them together and wrapped them with some Queen & Co. black and white baker's twine.  I then adhered them to a black card base I found in my stash.  Then I just added my stamped pieces with some pop dots to finish it off. 

I decided to dress up the inside of this card too by matting my sentiment panel and adding the spider and bat from the outside to the inside along with the a sentiment stamp from the set.  Too cute!

So here's the really fun part.  I bought the We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board, but I haven't really gotten to play with it yet.  I also picked up a new score board; it's the smaller, more portable version of my big Martha Stewart one.  When I was packing it for our recent failed camping trip, I noticed that it had markings for making envelopes on the back.  So I decided to play with those pieces when I was making this card.  I started out with another sheet from that same DCWV Fall Stack and followed the instructions on the Martha Stewart board to make the envelope.  It turned out pretty good.  I decided it needed a liner so I used some scraps of paper from making the card to cut a liner using the punch board.  It turned out pretty good for my first try.
 

No comments: