Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Dear Sis

Today is my sister's birthday so, of course, I needed a card.  I looked through my inspiration board on Pinterest and found a pin I just adored, but the person that pinned it, didn't track it back to the source, so I have no idea where it really came from.  So, whomever the artist is, thank you so much for the inspiration.

All the paper for the card comes from my never-empty scrap bin. The cupcake was cut with a design from the Silhouette Design Studio. I had some fun looking at all my embossing folders and finally settled on the Sizzix Dots and Flowers set for the background and two Cuttlebug folders:  Candy Cane Stripes for the "wrapper" and Musical Flourish for the "frosting."  Then I hand dotted the background with some acrylic paint.  It was pretty fun to make and I sure hope my sister loves it.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! Boy...you said it perfectly...the never ending scrap bin! Lovely CAS card you made. I love inspiration from Pinterest and sometimes can't get to the original person either!