Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Alamo


Here's the first of the insert pages from my recent trek to San Antonio.  I knew it would facing the first page for that week, so I needed to keep the paper somewhat coordinated with that layout.  The problem was, I only have random pieces of the Pink Paislee Portfolio 6x6 set I have been using for the last few weeks of my Project Life pages.  So I had to find a way to make this insert page work with paper no larger than 6 inches, but preferably much smaller than that.  While trolling through some of the inspiration I've pinned on Pinterest, I found this sketch from Sketch Saavy that I thought would be perfect for the pictures I had from my jaunt over to the Alamo and uses only 2x2 inch squares of random papers.  As usual, I kept the layout pretty simple.  I'm just not one to put a lot of stuff on it.  But this time I did try something a little different with the edges.  I wanted something to soften the white a bit.  I knew from week 10's layout that my Iced Spruce Distress Ink was a good coordinating color so I sponged the edges a bit, but then I smeared it too much in one spot and I didn't like that.  I decided to see if could tone it down with some white ink.  That didn't work.  My white galaxy marker didn't work either.  But white acrylic paint did okay, but then the paint really stood out.  I decided to fix that by painting a little all the way around the page.  That was perfect.  So that just left a title.  I really love these letter from Amy Tangerine.  They are just a little brighter than the rest of the colors, but I decided I didn't mind that.  I thought I was done with it, until I put it in the page protector.  Then I realized it would be nice if I added a few of the black rhinestones to tie the two pages together. 


1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Pretty dog gone cool what you are doing! I've always wanted to go to the Alamo.