Friday, March 29, 2013

Quilted Birthday Card

I'm happy to report that all my scrapbook pages have homes now.  I spent a little time reading Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom book because I had a huge stack of layouts just stacked up in a container and not in books.  I never put them away because I'm not a chronological scrapbooker but I also was unhappy with how the others were just in books with no organization at all.  I loved her organization style and it was the perfect solution to my dilemma.  I was stunned at how quickly I was able to sort out all my layouts and get them organized into their respective books.  My photos in the boxes are next up, but I thought I would take a break and do something creative with paper while I listen to the Winterhawks win.

But first, I had to spend a little time fixing some layouts that fell apart.  I have found that the tape runner I used prior to my beloved ATG gun just doesn't stick long term.  Pictures will just fall off the page and, in some instances, you can even see the glue through the paper.  It didn't take long to "repair" the pages and get them in their homes, which still left me some time to play with new things.

I saw this pin on Pinterest and checked out the quilted card on Stamping with Blue Moon Creations.  I was inspired to try it myself.  I pulled out some scraps of DCWV paper from past projects and did a lot of hand cutting of triangles.  Once I had the pattern set out, I glued it all to scrap piece of paper, then ran the whole thing through my Sizzix Ornate Swirls embossing folder.  A few mats also made of scrap paper and a stamped sentiment from a Hero Arts set I picked up recently on sale at Michaels finished it off beautiful, just like the 'Hawks just finished off the Everett Silvertips eleven to four, yes, that's right eleven, with a beautiful hat trick by Ty Rattie!  I cannot wait for tomorrow night's game.


2 comments:

Anne Hayward said...

Love it! Anne Hayward

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is beautiful and I have yet to try it. Thank you for the link so I can check it out. I wish I could be a basketball fan, but I'm not and the only one in the family that is not so I'm in my craftroom but hearing the shouts and squeaky shoes.