Friday, January 18, 2013

I'm Back

I'm back in my craft room.  I simply haven't had the time or energy to drag my rear into my craft room for a week now since we've been busy putting in tile in the bathroom at my in-law's home.  They needed a new floor and I wanted to learn how to do it.  I was really surprised at how easy the process is and how physically hard it is to kneel on those hard floors to put it in.  Knee pads helped (a lot) but my knees were still not very happy with me.  But now the floor is grouted so we have a little break in the work, so it was time to go back to my craft room.

I spent a little time last night cleaning it up/organizing a bit.  I was really unhappy with how one corner of it looked.  Everything was very messy there and it was hard to get the boxes with my envelopes in them.  Last night it came to me that I really needed a shelving unit there and realized that the one in my closet was the right size.  So today I found it on sale at Office Depot and picked up a new one, broke it out of the box and put it up in it's new home.  It's absolutely perfect and I'm so excited that now I can access my envelopes and everything else without having to unbury them.

So I didn't get a whole lot of time to actually create anything, but, in between sessions of kitten watching, I managed to re-create this very cute card I found on Pinterest.  Fortunately, the picture contained a watermark of the creator and the pin told me that it was from October 2009 or I never would have been able to provide credit to Dana Grouthas at Dana's Dabbling Studio.  I made the little "petal" in the Silhouette Design Studio and then resized it for the shadow and the inset. I used left over paper from another project and I added a button from my stash for this cute 4.25 by 4.25 card. 

No comments: