Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Little Bit of Rest

All my to-do's are done until Monday when I have to bake the pies, so I have a little time to rest.  It's a good thing too because Thursday night I sneezed hallmarking the start of a cold.  Fortunately, I was only planning to work a short day on Friday to make up for the extra hours lately.  I managed to get everything done just before I ran out of energy.  Then it was home to make a quick coffee cake and some cupcakes for last night's get together.  But I ran out of energy again and we had to come home early so I could get some sleep.

Today I had absolutely nothing to do but I also didn't want to sleep all day either.  So I headed into my craft room to play for a bit.  But I can tell I don't feel well because I wasn't making much progress on this card.  I found it on Julie Davidson's blog Julie's Stamping Spot.  I made the tree using my Cameo.  I had a tree pattern but it didn't quite fit the card.  So I cut the trunk apart and created my own leafy canopy.  I then used the rhinestone feature to create the cutouts and then, when layered, had a pretty decent substitute for the tree in Julie's card.  While all the plain paper is from my stash, the striped paper is from the Simple Stories Awesome 6x6 paper pad. 

No comments: