Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest and Jill Parker

Lately I've found such good stuff on Pinterest and today is no exception.  I needed a quick card for a former co-worker who just adopted her second child from overseas.  I needed to make the card tonight because tomorrow is my one and only opportunity to get it to her before she's gone for a while.  Fortunately I found this sweet paint-chip inspired card on Pinterest.  If I had been smart I would have followed it back to Jill Parker's blog Sweet & Korny Stuff right away.  But no, I had to stumble through thinking out the cuts when, if I would have just looked at her blog, I would have seen that she had them all for me.  Oh well.

I just used some basic white card stock and four pieces of scrap paper from my stash.  I cut the butterflies out using the base of a design I purchased in the Silhouette store.  I added a little Distress Ink to the end of the base piece.  I stamped the sentiment in white Color Box ink using a stamp from the Fiskars All Year Greetings set and then finished it all off with some silver Liquid Pearls. 

Ta da!  Now I'm off to bed.  I'm tired!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMG!!!! I LOOOOOOVE it! Beautiful, clean lines, yells pretty, sweet and I have to CASE it!!! Hooray for Pincrest and congraulations to your friend on her 2nd special bundle of joy!