Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

It's Father's Day and I finally get to post about the cards I made.  I had so much fun making these.  I found some great inspiration for the cards in The Best of Card Creations.  First up is the card for my father.  Hubby suggested the beige paper, that I shaded with my favorite Distress Inks.  I designed the whole card using the Silhouette Design Studio.  It's amazing what you can make by just layering shapes.  I never could find all the right fishing embellishments.  I found a few from Jolee's, but was really surprised that none of the local stores had a better selection.

Now we have the card I made for my father-in-law.  When I saw this card in the book, I immediately remembered how much enjoyment he found in listening to a local baseball team in the play-offs and then him watching the games when we visited him in the hospital last year.  So I knew this was the card.  Again, I designed this card in the Silhouette Design Studio and it was fun!

No comments: