Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Different Graduation Card

My niece is graduating to middle school this year and her family had a little party for her Monday night.  I needed a graduation card, but I wanted something a little different.  Surfing through the blogs on Sunday night, I found the perfect card on Michelle's blog here.  Interestingly enough, she had cased it from Stamping Impressions here.    Unfortunately, I didn't have that stamp, but I do have the fabulous Silhouette (I am still so in love with this machine, my hubby for getting it for me and my mom for helping him pull off the surprise).  I used the new skills I'm acquiring in text and color to re-create their stamp in the right colors and give a little depth to the card by popping up the arrow  Then with just a Sizzix embossing folder, my Stampin' Up paper piercing tool, some Irock gems and little scrap paper, I was able to create this:
Too bad tonight I have to go give a speech and the next two days are going to be insanely busy so I won't be able to play in my craft room.  I'm really looking forward to the weekend and the opportunity to relax.

No comments: