Friday, April 27, 2012

Making it my own

Last weekend I watched as my car drove away without me forever.  Yep, it's all over.  My first brand new car is no longer mine after 10 years of it being my baby.  But I know it was the right decision to sell it and buy my Mom's car.  While my car was perfect when I was young and single, Mom's car is a better fit for us now.  But I've been struggling with finding a new normal with the new car.  Even though we've been driving it for nearly a month now, it still feels like "Mom's car."  I've been thinking about what I need to do to make it feel more like my own.  Hubby suggested that I cut another of the Tony Stewart design I had made for the other car, but that just doesn't feel right for this car.  I've been thinking about it for a long time now and sitting at the Winterhawks' game last night when I looked up at the electronic board circling the arena.  
It had the Hawk eyes logo all the way around and it suddenly hit me that the eyes would be a good car "tattoo."  It just seemed right.  So tonight I looked online and discovered that the Hawks don't sell anything even remotely close (nor can I get a replacement license plate holder for the one that broke or a t-shirt as the Western Conference Champions - sigh).  So I found a picture of the eyes and made my own.  While I'm pretty happy with how the eyes turned out, I'm still not sure it's quite right.  But, for now, I'm just going to live with it and see how it feels.

No comments: