Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Sis!

Today is my sister's birthday and I'm so excited for her. We have a little shopping trip planned later this week and I'm really looking forward to it. I know she's going to find some great stuff. Speaking of great stuff, I'm so excited because my box from Oh My Crafts should be here any day now. Not that I really need anything new, but I just couldn't pass up the deal they had last week on the Making Memories trimmer. It will be my third. The first died after five years when I tried to cut something too thick for it. My second one is going on it's second year and still works beautifully, although I had a little moment of panic over the weekend when it didn't make the nice clean cuts I was used to. Instead I got the cuts I used to get with my old trimmers where a little ragged that used to cue me in that I needed a new blade (boy did I go through a lot of blades back then - trust me the extra cost for this trimmer is well worth not having to buy lots of blades). Since this trimmer never needs a new blade, I wasn't quite sure what was wrong. I pulled it apart and found some stray pieces of paper stuck in the cutter. I cleaned out the tracks and used a little wax paper to wax down the bar. Once it was all put back together, it cut like a dream again. Nice crisp clean cuts. Love, love, love this cutter. So now I'll have a new one in pink, plus a number of other new goodies too...

In the meantime, I want to share the card I made for last month's I Feel the Love Project. I was really late to finish it, which is why I did this month's card so early.

I had fun with this one though. The kite is a download from the Silhouette Design Store. I just love that place. At the end of the year last year, they ran a special on the monthly subscription. I bought the smallest one and I still cannot believe how much I can buy each month. Every time I have an idea for a project, I just browse through the library to see what fits my idea. I buy what I need, or what I think I might use. Even with all that, at the end of the month, I usually still have some credit left over and I get to do a little downloading of just things that caught my eye with no project in mind. It really was a great deal.

Anyhow, the kite comes with four clouds, but I opted to use just the three smallest ones. I ran them through the Xyron and flocked them to give them that soft look. After I took the picture, I added a few Stickles just because it still looked like it needed "something."
Yet another card from my scraps bin, which, strangely enough, never looks like I've even put a dent in it no matter how many project I make with paper from it.

No comments: