Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Layout - Our Happy Family in 2011

It's been so long since I made a 12 by 12 layout that I thought I had better give it a try before I get too rusty. The Sketch Inspiration sketch of the week was the perfect way to get back into the swing now that that the craziness of the holidays and such are over. I thought that starting by chronicling our family as it looked in 2011 was the perfect way to get started. Now purple and back wouldn't have been my first choice, but when I was looking for paper, I found this page in the Luxury Stack from DCWV and I just couldn't resist. The I decided I needed some flourishes so I looked through what was available on the Silhouette store and found two that I loved, along with this great "happy family" phrase. I wanted to add the year so I did a little welding (actually pretty easy to do on the software to turn the phrase into the one I wanted. Since the welding was so easy, I welded the flourishes onto some rectangles to frame my pictures. A few flowers, some Black Soot Distress ink, and a little Eye Candy bling and I was done.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great intro to scrapbook...and oh my ....the babies at the bottom!