Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You're Purrfect card

My absolute favorite stamp right now is from a Recollections set called Meow, Meow and it looks like our cat Chewie. So of course I had to make a cut file to go with the stamp. My test cut worked perfectly, but my stamping isn't very good. After coloring in Chewie, I trolled my bookmarks looking for a card that it would work with. I don't have a card in mind because Chewie doesn't go with the whole list of birthday cards I need to make, but I was going to make this card anyway. Then I found this sketch I had bookmarked on Scrappity Dappity Doo!, which is really from the Doodlebug Design blog post here. I decided it was perfect. So I cut a scalloped circle on my Cricut using a scallop from the BeaOriginal blog here. Then a little grosgrain ribbon and an heat embossed saying from a We R Memory Keepers stamp set called "You're Purrfect" and a piece of paper from my scraps and I was done.