Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mojo Monday # 206 and Saturday adventures

Last night I got in a baking frenzy to use up the zucchinis that are ripening in the garden.



Several hours later I had four, well, three and half loaves...





We started off today with a call from hubby's parents that they had found a smoker (the barbecue kind) at the garage sale across the street. Now hubby has had his eye on a smoker for a while now, so I knew he was interested. So after breakfast, we hopped in the truck to go down to pick it up and drop off a loaf of bread. While we were there, it just so happened that they had the cover for the bed of hubby's truck, another thing he's had his eye for a while but hadn't bought. So we got a deal on both them and he's happy as can be.


When we got home, I headed for my craft room. I have a list of cards I need to finish for upcoming birthdays and such, so tonight I sat down to get to work on them. This one was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch. My co-worker is a big Betty Boop fan and I'm sure she's just going to love this card. The best part is I made it entirely from scraps of paper I found in my scrap bin.

1 comment:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow, that is some kinna garage sale that has smokers and truck bed tops! Our kinds here feature stuff like old CDs, glass pigs, an clocks...

That is a LOVELY card you made fer your co-worker!