Sunday, May 22, 2011

Finally finished...



So ever since I saw the "Starbucks cup" on Connie's blog, I've been wanting to do one. Unfortunately, I could never find the requisite clear cup. Matt put out a bounty on one and a co-worker came through last week. Matt brought it home, but I never found time on my "vacation" (aka burning use-it-or-lose-it time) since I was too busy doing spring cleaning, shopping with the family, moving yard edging stones, having a girls' day, etc. I got a lot of pages done but never seemed to have time to do the cup. Basically, I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. But tonight after making the meal plan for the next two weeks, doing the grocery shopping, making faux egg foo young for dinner, finally finishing what seemed like an enormous amount of laundry and chasing a few furballs, I finally found the time to cut it out. It was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be much thanks to Connie's great pattern.


On another subject, I wanted to show you the progress that the catnip has made as a result of Matt's ingenious kitty proofing. The catnip has grown up outside of the cage and is thriving.

2 comments:

The Fuzz Factory said...

your cup is exceedingly cool! you did a terrific job!

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

What a great way ta keep the nip from bein nibbled down too far or rolled on! An we got some leftover bits of that same green wire we can use...