Sunday, December 12, 2010

Not what I intended


Well, I finally finished a page that has taken me nearly all weekend. It should have been a quick and easy one, but it seemed like everything on it was a struggle. Every time I hit a wall, I changed my idea to deal with the obstacle. I wanted to print directly on the red paper, but the printer wouldn't print on the paper. So then I decided I would print the paragraph on vellum and attach it. But then the printer wouldn't print on vellum. So I gave up and put it on plain old paper. Then I decided to add the wavy cut to the mat. The first one the Cricut tore up and didn't cut 1/2 of the last side. I decided to give it one more shot and it cut okay, but not perfectly the second time. Finally, I had all the pieces and got it put together, but I didn't feel any of the usual peace and calm that scrapping give me.
The only thing that went together well was the Betty Boop svg that I found on Nancy's Creative Papercrafts.

3 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We arent doin annythin that complicated, but we know what ya mean, We went nuts last night tryin ta get the return address labels ta print... It just WOULDNT!

JustYolie said...

Sorry you had such trouble with your printers. I love the layout, where did you get Betty Boop?

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I must go check out Betty Boop svg...my sister is "nuts" for her. thanks for the inspiration.