Thursday, October 21, 2010

Clean & Simple inspired

So I've needed to make a get well soon card for my cousin Teresa for a couple of days, but I just couldn't find any inspiration. So tonight I was trolling the craft blogs looking for something to jump start me when I came across the current sketch on Clean & Simple. It did the trick and I immediately knew what I was going to do. I ran my paper through the printer for the sentiment (using Walt Disney Script of course) then cut the paper to size and ran it through the Sizzix with a couple of Cuttlebug embossing folders to add a little texture. Then a coordinating Mickey shoe yellow ribbon (although I wish I had the wider ribbon in this color - maybe next Michael's trip) and cut a cute Mickey with the Cricut Mickey and Friends cart. With a pop dot, he was done. Finally I cut a "get well soon" sentiment from an svg I picked up from someone's site for the inside and, viola, card done. Of course, I can't fail to credit the big helper I had too.

5 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I bet he was a great help!

Katnip Lounge said...

Hello! We just found your blog!

We are 13 cats living in Las Vegas, come on by and visit sometime...we're following you, so we'll be back!

xx Lounge Kats

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

MOL! The Big Thing says he dint unnerstand half of the things ya did making that card. But we all agree it looks great!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love kitties but just have canines no...haha...yes, if you could send me a pic of the sympathy card or point me to a specific place on your blog. The "get Well Soon" I'm pretty sure in from svgcuts.com...a freebie...is a great one.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love kitties but just have canines no...haha...yes, if you could send me a pic of the sympathy card or point me to a specific place on your blog. The "get Well Soon" I'm pretty sure in from svgcuts.com...a freebie...is a great one.