Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's been one year...

It's been one year since I said goodbye to my beloved McKenzie. It's still hard. I miss him terribly and still find myself crying about him often. I miss the jealous way he would get off the bed when Zoey jumped up. I miss the way he could be all riled up but if I put him on the bed, he would immediately get all lovey-dovey. I miss the "conversations" we used to have where I would speak to him and he would meow back, actually he never meowed. It was just a "meh."
I love the way he could make my day brighter just by coming for attention and I loved the fact that he was only really lovey-dovey with me. It's been a rough day and I think that part of it is that this milestone is a hard one. So to my McKenzie who is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for me, I love you and I'll see you again one day and in the meantime, I hope you have found your warm place in the sun.

10 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

There are some cats who just capture our hearts and once they are gone, so is part of our heart. But remember, they are never really gone.

Purrs.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are sending you purrs and hugs. It is obvious that Mckenzie was a sweetie.

Daisy said...

That is a very sweet tribute to McKenzie.

PB 'n J said...

Our Mommy's eyes are leaking for you - she still misses her special boy cat every day. It's hard to lose such a good friend, but we're sure he's over the bridge, just waiting for the day that you will all be reunited!

Purrs,
Pearl, Bert and Jake

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

We think that your tribute is lovely.
DMM

snowforest said...

We iz so sorry about your loss. McKenzie seemed to be a wonderful guy. Sending you lots of comforting purrs...

The Furry Kids said...

(((hugs)))
This is a beautiful tribute. It's so hard to lose a furbaby. I'm so sorry for your loss.

The Furry Kids' Mom

Tiger Lily said...

There is so much love in your heart!

Around Your Wrist said...

right there with you...and giving you a big hug too.

ben offers a huge purr session...

toni

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We think there is not set time fer Beins to stop missing a kitty friend. Take the time you need.

Those that miss their friends equally sometimes take months or years or never to get over our daily absense. Remember, we are not gone, but just waiting for you in another place.