Friday, October 19, 2007

Resting Up

Well I'm sacked out on the couch with Mommy resting up from my traumatic trip in the car. Yep, this time I wasn't smart enough to hide when Mommy started shaking the Temptations bag. I fell for her ruse and she scooped me up and took me off to the vet. The vet said that I looked good for a 14 year-old and that I had only lost a little weight, about .3 pounds, not enough to be worried about. He took my blood to test it to make sure that my kidneys are still working like they should. They'll call with results tomorrow but he says that he suspects it should be okay.

I whined quite a bit about having to visit the vet, but Mommy said she wasn't sympathetic because she went to her doctor today. (It's her last Friday off for a couple of months so she ran around all day taking care of the things that need to be done before she has free time again). The doctor said that after over a year of taking thyroid medicine it's clear it just isn't working so she put Mommy on a different one to find out if it's just the formula that Mommy didn't respond to. Then Mommy got a flu shot so we both had to suffer needle pricks today.

So now we get to rest up and since Mommy is still struggling with her cold, I can foresee a quiet weekend snuggling on the couch watching cars go left.

5 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

sorry you hadded a traumatic day. that stinks!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, at least yer Bein had to go to her own V-E-T too. If you, then her. Seems fair.

Hope you are both feelin better, though.

Skeeter and LC

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh Zoey ... The V-E-T is really traumatic. I sympathize ... Too bad the Temptations were more "tempting" than usual an' you didn't manage to hide someplace good. Ya learned somethin', didn't you?

Enjoy watching the cars go left ... I'm gonna be on the couch waiting for Mom to get home from her conference. Sigh.

DMM

Poppy Q said...

Zoey what a good girl you are - girl you don't look 14!!

I hope your mommy feels better soon.

Poppy Q

Daisy said...

That sounds like a very yucky day. Getting stabbed with a needle is No Fun! I hope your mom feels better soon.